Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My Trip to Wendy's Edited Version

I open the door and politely wait for satisfied customers exit
before I enter. I walk in towards the long waiting line that 
curves around four times. I could hear some people ordering their
food and people having conversations about what they are going to 
order. Waiting for the line, look to my left and I notice the logo, 
a red headed girl with two pony tails on each side and freckles on 
her cheeks, and a colorful menu with pictures of food that helps me 
decide what I want to order. More and more steps closer till its my 
turn. "Next" is my cue. I say my order, hand a couple bucks and watch 
the young lady press buttons all over the machine. I hear the  sound 
of coins that falls right infront of me. I look below the cash register 
and my change is ready to be picked up and a hand before me with cash 
and a receipt. Wait for a minute or two and I receive a plastic 
black tray with food and a drink.
 
I sit down, grab the spongy sandwich, open the wrapper. I could 
smell the spiciness. I take a few bites and feel the sauce drip
on the corner of my mouth, I could taste the onions right off the 
back, I grab my drink and sip a few sips. I'm almost done, feel my 
tummy, know that I'm full. Stand up, pick up the tray and my stuff, 
head over to the garbage can, tilt the tray, watch the food fall 
into the rest of the garbage, stack the tray on the top, and be on 
my way. I feel satified and a little guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment