Sunday, September 26, 2010

Pepsi Throwback

Yesterday, I attended a church event near my house. They had a few activities like bingo and dancing. There was so much free food. I was eating a plate of spaghetti with meatballs, some pork, white rice, and come potato salad and drinking a cup of Pepsi soda. They had the sodas on the table and also Sunny Delight. I was speaking to my friend when she said that she was going to get a better pepsi because the one I was drinking was just a "bottle of fructose and corn syrup". She came back to the table with an unusual two liter Pepsi with a white background, still blue letters and a yellow banner part on the bottom of the Pepsi that wrote "Made with Real Sugar Limited Time Only" I don't know how long exactly this has been out for, but it's the first time I have ever seen this. I was very interesting in how it said "Limited Time Only" because the reason why they don't make this permanent is because real sugar apparently costs more money. I then took a regular pepsi and put them side to side to see the difference on the nutrition facts. If you look at the pictures below, you can see the difference yourselves:
 Please notice that the regular Pepsi is from a can and the Throwback is a bottle, but there are still some great differences even if they were both bottles or cans. What you can notice right off the back is the ingredients.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Katherine
    I actually got to taste the throwback pepsi you can taste the difference with the pepsi thats sold now. The old one with the white backround is a lot sweeter and to me it felt like what a monster or redbull does when you drink one in the morning or night to keep you awake.

    ReplyDelete